Writeful

a weblog for readers and writers

Friday, December 02, 2005

NaNoWriMo Winners Announced

National Novel Writing Month has ended -- and the winners have been announced! During November, 59,000 NaNo-Novelists around the world wrote their hearts out to the tune of 714 million words, or about 3 million pages.

Of the 59,000 novelists, 9,700 of the world's most prolific novelists keyed their way to the finish line by reaching the goal of writing 50,000 words, or about 200 pages each.

The Old Line State seems to have more line writers than line riders; Maryland takes the world-wide lead by about 684 thousand words with a total word count of 7,624,477.

I'm proud to count myself among the winners: my novel, Womb, weighs in at 87,316 words, or 319 pages.

Celebrate with us -- check out my NaNoWriMo page, where you can see the stats and take a look at an excerpt from my newest novel.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=34003

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. You got the thing done. Congrstulations.
But what now? Does you consider this to be a mud on the wall to be reshaped into beautiful something (read: will do 6 rewrites like Tolstoy for War and Peace) or may be you feel that it's just as good as it gets (:: that's why I d'rather not to write at all... I always feel I have a masterpiece and it hurts to realize it is indeed not [and some people just like to point it out ;)) {and sometimes they just RIGHT}]) and may be even published like this? Or may be later, in "Works of Eric D Goodman", all-around famous writer? ;))
And also. You have won previous years, too. I'm sure you had fun; but anything else happened?
Just curious.

December 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home